We recently encountered the following error in our SharePoint 2010 environment while trying to remove an existing Web Application.
An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebsiteUnprovisioningJobDefinition named “Unprovisioning XXXXX” already exists under the parent Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService named “”. Rename your object or delete the existing object.
When you remove an existing Web Application a job is created. In this case, a duplicate failed job already exists so we need to remove it first.
- Open Central Administration
- Navigate to MONITORING > REVIEW JOB DEFINITIONS
- Find the duplicate job and remove it. The name of the job is mentioned in the error message.
- How to: Change SharePoint Default Permissions Group - 16th June 2021
- Solved: BlazorInputFile ‘No File Chosen' Error - 19th May 2021
- Implement Azure Web App Authentication – The Easy Way - 13th April 2021