We recently encountered the following error in our SharePoint 2010 environment while trying to remove an existing Web Application.
An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebsiteUnprovisioningJobDefinition named “Unprovisioning XXXXX” already exists under the parent Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService named “”. Rename your object or delete the existing object.
When you remove an existing Web Application a job is created. In this case, a duplicate failed job already exists so we need to remove it first.
- Open Central Administration
- Navigate to MONITORING > REVIEW JOB DEFINITIONS
- Find the duplicate job and remove it. The name of the job is mentioned in the error message.
This blog is my place to share my thoughts, helpful solutions and just random nerdy stuff.
Latest posts by Shane Bartholomeusz (see all)
- How To: Create Dynamics 365 Entity Relationship Diagram - 13th March 2019
- Solved: Samsung Wireless Fast Charging Paused - 14th February 2019
- How to: Repair Hard Disk Health - 13th January 2019