We recently encountered the following error in our SharePoint 2010 environment while trying to remove an existing Web Application.
An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebsiteUnprovisioningJobDefinition named “Unprovisioning XXXXX” already exists under the parent Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService named “”. Rename your object or delete the existing object.
When you remove an existing Web Application a job is created. In this case, a duplicate failed job already exists so we need to remove it first.
- Open Central Administration
- Navigate to MONITORING > REVIEW JOB DEFINITIONS
- Find the duplicate job and remove it. The name of the job is mentioned in the error message.
- Solved: “You Need Microsoft Dynamics 365 License To Continue” Error - 16th June 2020
- Fixed: Configure Visual Studio GIT Proxy Server - 17th May 2020
- Fixed: Windows Update – There were some problems installing updates (0x80240fff error) - 20th April 2020