Recently we encountered an issue in our CRM 4.0 environment whereby a user could not login to CRM even though they had adequate permissions. Instead they received the below error.
The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action.
We came across the solution thanks to Lazy Jeff. In short, the issue is caused by a corruption of the users profile.
To resolve the issue,
- Assign the user the System Administrator role.
- Verify that the user can login now.
- Then revoke the System Administrator role. The user should still be able to login to CRM.
- How to: Deploy Azure Functions Using Github Actions - 4th October 2021
- Solved: Set SharePoint Person Field to Null in Power Automate - 16th September 2021
- Visual Studio: Generate Class From JSON String - 17th August 2021