So what is ProcDump?
I just thought I'd write a quick post showing you how to use the ProcDump utility, yet another great Sysinternals tool. This tool helps you capture unhandled exceptions in real-time from a running program.
Show me an example
Just to demonstrate how it works, in the below example I created a simple Console application which divides ‘1’ by a user input value.
- First I launched the console application
- Then I set a watch on the application through ProcDump by running command ‘procdump -e 2 -l -f “” consoleapplication2.exe‘. Note: In this case I've disabled the creation of a minidump file and enabled monitoring of debug output.
- Next, I entered some values into the console application and monitored the debug and exception output through ProcDump.
See, simple isn't it 🙂
- How to: Change SharePoint Default Permissions Group - 16th June 2021
- Solved: BlazorInputFile ‘No File Chosen' Error - 19th May 2021
- Implement Azure Web App Authentication – The Easy Way - 13th April 2021