After a recent CRM Solution deployment to our Dynamics CRM 365 environment users started encountering the below plugin error when updating a Contacts entity record.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
This was quite puzzling because we had only added a new field to an existing entity. We also couldn’t replicate the issue in our other CRM environments .
After some troubleshooting we discovered that part of our plugin configuration had strangely been lost immediately after the CRM Solution deployment. The Post Image was missing.
We added the Post Image back in using the CRM Plugin Registration tool (which is bundled in the CRM SDK). Following this, the plugin errors immediately stopped occurring … and peace was once again restored 🙂
This blog is my place to share my thoughts, helpful solutions and just random nerdy stuff.