I recently came across this error while upgrading an old ASP.NET application from IIS6 to IIS7…
401 Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials
How to fix it
Our ASP.NET application was using Windows Authentication to authenticate users.
It turned out that IIS7 was trying to use Kerberos authentication by default rather than NTLM.
The solution is to either configure Kerberos authentication or you can you can change the default security provider in IIS7 by ….
- Opening the IIS Manager Console
- Navigate to the web site
- Click the “Authentication” menu item
- Click the “Windows Authentication” provider
- Click the “Providers” link from the right hand menu
- Move “NTLM” to the top of the authentication providers list, above “Negotiate”
- How to: Deploy Azure Functions Using Github Actions - 4th October 2021
- Solved: Set SharePoint Person Field to Null in Power Automate - 16th September 2021
- Visual Studio: Generate Class From JSON String - 17th August 2021