When querying a web service using the WCF Test Client you might encounter the below error message. In this article I'll show you how to resolve this issue.
The MaxReceivedMessageSize property of the binding element specifies the maximum number of bytes that can be received. By default this value is limited to 65536 bytes. More information can be found here
To fix the issue, you simply need to increase the value of the MaxReceivedMessageSize property.
- Close all WCF Test Client instances and open a new WCF Test Client instance
- Register your web service endpoint
- Underneath the endpoint methods you’ll notice a node called ‘Config File’. Right click and edit the config file.
- Navigate to the default Binding that is created and increase the value of the ‘MaxReceivedMessageSize’ setting (in bytes) e.g. 2000000000.
- Execute your web service method. The error should no longer appear.
- Solved: “You Need Microsoft Dynamics 365 License To Continue” Error - 16th June 2020
- Fixed: Configure Visual Studio GIT Proxy Server - 17th May 2020
- Fixed: Windows Update – There were some problems installing updates (0x80240fff error) - 20th April 2020